Michelle & Bob in Zambia

Saturday, October 14, 2006

International Twizzlers by N. St. Charles

Another week goes by with no update from Bob and Michelle. And again they have both been flooded with concerned emails as to their health and well-being. Please do not worry yourself...they are ok. Sole responsibility for the blog has fallen on Bob. Michelle has not answered his plea to make a post. Since both are incedibly busy I thought I would help to bring their friends and families up to speed on the last week or so.

Highlights since the last post.

Care Packages Received - 2
Number of Zambians absolutely puzzled by Twizzlers - 8
Plates of Nshima between them - 18
Number of wins by the Chicago Bears - 1 (but you already knew that)
Total hours worked between them - 218
Number of bad hair cuts - 1 (seriously Michelle, I think it looks good)

There was much more that Bob and I cannot recall at the moment. The care packages came from Bob and Michelle's mothers. Bob's in 4.5 weeks and Michelle's in 2 days. I guess it's who you know. Highlights were twizzlers for Bob, who has long struggled with a specific reason as to why they are so good. Is it the rubbery texture or the bland fruity taste? Zambian coworkers struggled with the same question. Most looked puzzled and said, "how do I eat it?" One coworker asked if it was cheese...which prompted the question, "what kind of cheese have you been eating." Like Bob, I see nothing wrong with eating an entire bag (the pounder) within the first 15 minutes of a movie. And too, I share the same self-loathing feelings that follow the complete destruciton of a bag. Other highlights of the package...syrup, marshmallows and bisquick (you don't realize how much you like them until they're gone) along with candy and books.

Michelle's package was highlighted by single-serving Crystal Light packets. You know how (do-gooder) kids set their clothes out for the next morning, Michelle arranges her Raspberry and Peach Tea packets each night before bed. These have been a bigger hit wih coworkers. Other package highlights; hair clips and socks (which seem to fit Bob pretty good...the socks that is)

The big bosses were in town for a short stay. Drs Susan Allen and Eric Hunter were here to work and to also celebrate their 10 year anniversary...which started in Lusaka. This made for many meetings but also an impromptu staff party. I swear that Bob had his camera there, perhaps he plans to update the blog with pictures soon. A blog with just words is just sort of wordy (I think). I'll stay on him about the pictures.

Writing these posts is much more difficult than I thought. (Bob makes it look so easy with his eloquent yet witty style). See, I wanted to include the more funny stuff... like Bob's dream in which Sandra Bullock asked him to "snuggle scrub". Then I thought twice...since the term (whatever it means) might not be suitable for the younger readers. I think I will let Michelle and (mostly) Bob keep this up in the future. Talk to you later.

Your new/old friend,

Nigel St. Charles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home