A Sick Dog and A Hungry Monkey
First of all, thanks to Mr St Charles for keeping up the blog as work and things have bogged us down. I was a little disappointed with his MasterCard list of happenings. I like the idea but I think it could have been funnier. He also made that up about the Sandra Bullock dream. If that really happened, Nigel would be at the bottom of my list of people to confide in.
As he mentioned...our bosses were in town. We spent a day last weekend at Lilayi lodge hangining out by the pool and enjoying the day. We went on a game drive and saw a couple zebras, giraffes, kudus, warthogs. My camera went dead just as it started...and I went dead about half way through. You know you've been here for awhile when you can fall asleep during a game drive. We had lunch with the wildlife. Here's a picure of Dr Allen and Dr Hunter (back left). Professor Haworth is sitting next to them. Prof Haworth has lived in Africa most of his life. He adopted a family of 7 Zambian children. He still lives in town and has one of the biggest libraries in Lusaka. He took us to his home to show us his 6000+ book collection.


The monkeys that hang out by the lodge were fun to watch. They run through the trees above you and scout out morsels of food. This monkey bussed our table shortly after we left. Didn't really help much with the plates...mostly made sure that there wasn't any food left.

This is the pool at the lodge. It's probably worth a trip back. We can visit the lodge when you come to town.

This is Tsavo, one of the dogs that lives at the project. We introduced you to her a couple months ago. She recently had what we thought was a false pregnancy due to some symptoms that I won't go into now. But a couple weeks later we noticed that her lymph nodes had swollen considerably and she just didn't look well. The vet says that it could be an eliciosis (not sure how it is spelled) infection. If she is correct, Tsavo should respond to medication within the next 20 days. If it is something more serious the prognosis is not good. Michelle is taking good care of her and making sure that she gets (and actually eats) the medicine everyday. We are hoping that she turns around soon. She's a good dog.


These are pictures from our staff party. We didn't drink as much as it appears. A staff party here ends quite early. By 8:30 everyone was headed home. Christine (one of Sr Nurse Counselors) presented Drs Allen and Hunter with an anniversary gift from the staff.
By the way... I will limit Nigel's access to the blog account unless things get backlogged here again.
I am headed home...it is 7pm on Monday night. I need to get some sleep before catching Monday Night Football on ESPN (some coworkers have a satelite). It starts at 2:30am. It will be just my luck when they show Monday Night Cricket or something out of the ordinary here. Michelle laughs about the time in Seattle when I was pumped to watch an out-of-market cubs game. Instead of Cubs-intro music, I saw that stupid bus pulling around the corner...they were showing "Who's the Boss" instead. I'm rambling. Talk to you later. First one to leave a comment on this post gets a limited-edition post card from Zambia. (please include your address) - Bye
As he mentioned...our bosses were in town. We spent a day last weekend at Lilayi lodge hangining out by the pool and enjoying the day. We went on a game drive and saw a couple zebras, giraffes, kudus, warthogs. My camera went dead just as it started...and I went dead about half way through. You know you've been here for awhile when you can fall asleep during a game drive. We had lunch with the wildlife. Here's a picure of Dr Allen and Dr Hunter (back left). Professor Haworth is sitting next to them. Prof Haworth has lived in Africa most of his life. He adopted a family of 7 Zambian children. He still lives in town and has one of the biggest libraries in Lusaka. He took us to his home to show us his 6000+ book collection.


The monkeys that hang out by the lodge were fun to watch. They run through the trees above you and scout out morsels of food. This monkey bussed our table shortly after we left. Didn't really help much with the plates...mostly made sure that there wasn't any food left.

This is the pool at the lodge. It's probably worth a trip back. We can visit the lodge when you come to town.

This is Tsavo, one of the dogs that lives at the project. We introduced you to her a couple months ago. She recently had what we thought was a false pregnancy due to some symptoms that I won't go into now. But a couple weeks later we noticed that her lymph nodes had swollen considerably and she just didn't look well. The vet says that it could be an eliciosis (not sure how it is spelled) infection. If she is correct, Tsavo should respond to medication within the next 20 days. If it is something more serious the prognosis is not good. Michelle is taking good care of her and making sure that she gets (and actually eats) the medicine everyday. We are hoping that she turns around soon. She's a good dog.


These are pictures from our staff party. We didn't drink as much as it appears. A staff party here ends quite early. By 8:30 everyone was headed home. Christine (one of Sr Nurse Counselors) presented Drs Allen and Hunter with an anniversary gift from the staff.
By the way... I will limit Nigel's access to the blog account unless things get backlogged here again.
I am headed home...it is 7pm on Monday night. I need to get some sleep before catching Monday Night Football on ESPN (some coworkers have a satelite). It starts at 2:30am. It will be just my luck when they show Monday Night Cricket or something out of the ordinary here. Michelle laughs about the time in Seattle when I was pumped to watch an out-of-market cubs game. Instead of Cubs-intro music, I saw that stupid bus pulling around the corner...they were showing "Who's the Boss" instead. I'm rambling. Talk to you later. First one to leave a comment on this post gets a limited-edition post card from Zambia. (please include your address) - Bye


1 Comments:
At 8:07 PM,
Michelle and Bob - Zambia said…
Hi Brenda, Dwayne, and Callie... I'll pass this news on to Michelle and will start working on a post card (hopefully I can come up with something cooler). It's good to hear from you. You should hear from Michelle soon. Take care -Bob
Post a Comment
<< Home