Bears Win! (Strangest Game of My Life)
What a way to start the day. My alarm goes off at 2:30am and I'm stupid enough to wake up. I walk next door to the one flat with a tv and turn on the Monday Night Football game. ESPN was playing Legends of Cricket (no lie) and I got scared but it soon switched over to the Monday Night game. I won't bore the non-bear fans with the details and I know it would just be repetitive to bear fans.
There's no reason that a team can turn the ball over six times, not score a legitimate offensive touchdown and still win the game. Unless you've got the luck of the 2006 Bears and say...you're playing the Arizona Cardinals. There were a couple of times when I could actually read the email from my dad..."Hey Bob... I hope you didn't stay up to watch that one." I stuck it out though and it could be the most memorable game ever, in my book...the same book includes the IL win over Arizona a couple years ago along with depressing cubs losses to the brewers 8 years ago and the marlins in 2003. Still looking for a book publisher, let me know if you have connections.
So it's 6:30, I've been up for 4 hours and I am still a couple hours early for work. Strange. This being the only real sporting event that I've watched in 4 months might explain my irrational excitement. Don't tell my coworkers but I don't think World Cup Soccer counts. Anyway. Hope you all have a good day. It's off to a good start here.
There's no reason that a team can turn the ball over six times, not score a legitimate offensive touchdown and still win the game. Unless you've got the luck of the 2006 Bears and say...you're playing the Arizona Cardinals. There were a couple of times when I could actually read the email from my dad..."Hey Bob... I hope you didn't stay up to watch that one." I stuck it out though and it could be the most memorable game ever, in my book...the same book includes the IL win over Arizona a couple years ago along with depressing cubs losses to the brewers 8 years ago and the marlins in 2003. Still looking for a book publisher, let me know if you have connections.
So it's 6:30, I've been up for 4 hours and I am still a couple hours early for work. Strange. This being the only real sporting event that I've watched in 4 months might explain my irrational excitement. Don't tell my coworkers but I don't think World Cup Soccer counts. Anyway. Hope you all have a good day. It's off to a good start here.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home