So Long Niko
Niko was one of the first guys that Michelle and I met in Zambia. He worked with the Peace Corp and stayed for 2.5 years or so. Reading through these blog entries, I realize that I have left out most of our friends. Niko is one of the coolest (in a Niko sort of way) guys here. He didn't laugh when I fell down some stairs on the first day that we met. Commendable. A baker by trade. Always up for a brai (zambian cook-out). Amazing ability to turn grilled meats with his fingers. Probably still eating with his fingers somewhere on the Hawaiian Islands.
Niko and I set out to build the brai pit that you see here. Our landlord may not have trusted our abilities- in any case he sent his "guy" to do the brick work. Niko claims it turned out just the same. A part of me believes him. Another part (or even that same part) is thankful that we didn't have to do any real work.
We had our inaugural brai on Niko's last night in town. There was a good turnout of friends and it was a pretty legit party for a Wednesday night.
Grill Art.
Fraser, Niko and Colin
Sarah (coworker in Lusaka), Frank (professional bungee jumper), Niko, Bob, Danielle (coworker in Lusaka)
I have no caption for this one.
Niko and I set out to build the brai pit that you see here. Our landlord may not have trusted our abilities- in any case he sent his "guy" to do the brick work. Niko claims it turned out just the same. A part of me believes him. Another part (or even that same part) is thankful that we didn't have to do any real work.
We had our inaugural brai on Niko's last night in town. There was a good turnout of friends and it was a pretty legit party for a Wednesday night.
Grill Art.
Fraser, Niko and Colin
Sarah (coworker in Lusaka), Frank (professional bungee jumper), Niko, Bob, Danielle (coworker in Lusaka)
I have no caption for this one.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home